It is native to northern Africa. They may also be grown as an ornamental plant . * Luffa aegyptiaca is a species of Luffa . Young fruit can be eaten as a vegetable while ripe fruits can be use to make bath sponges.
The stems are densely covered with sharp-pointed, deeply cut leaves which appear fern-like. It is an annual or biennial herb growing one or more branching stems up to about 70 centimeters in maximum height.
Botanical Name: Machaeranthera tanacetifolia
Common Name: Tahoka Daisy, Tanseyleaf Tansyaster, Tansey
* The legume is a used as a vegetable in interiors of central and south central India, though not commercially farmed. * Canavalia gladiata, usually called Sword Bean, is a domesticated plant species in the legume (Fabaceae) family.
* The flowers are 2.5–3 cm diameter with five petals, variably red, orange, pink, white, and yellow. * It is widely grown in temperate climates as an ornamental plant for annual bedding or as a container plant.
It is native to Morocco , but it can be found elsewhere growing wild as an introduced species , such as California . * This is an annual herb growing erect to approach half a meter in maximum height, its stem with linear leaves 2 to 4 centimeters long.
* In the laboratory it is a model organism, for example containing the gene DEFICIENS which provides the letter "D" in the acronym MADS-box for a family of genes which are important in plant development.
* Usually flowers blue, pink, white, lavender, and purple. The foliage makes a nice garden cover when not in bloom and the attractive seedpods add interest after flowering. Blooms in the spring to early summer, but is said not to bloom well in very hot...
Quantity: 4.37 lb
Common Name: Devil In The Bush, Love - In - A - Mist
* The Borlotti bean, also known as the Roman bean or romano bean (not to be confused with the Italian flat bean, a green bean also called "romano bean"), is a variety of cranberry bean bred in Italy to have a thicker skin.
* This easily cultivated, Annual plant grows and blooms best in cooler climates, but if kept cool by mulching around the base it can grow in hotter areas as well. * Sweet pea ( Lathyrus odoratus ) is a flowering plant in the genus Lathyrus in the family...
* Sometimes called garden chervil , it is used to season mild-flavoured dishes and is a constituent of the French herb mixture fines herbes . * It has a mild aromatic flavour that is suggestive of aniseed.
The whole plant contains substances that are toxic to cockroaches. * Secretions from the roots of growing plants have an insecticidal effect on the soil, effective against nematodes and to some extent against keeled slugs.
It grows best in cool weather so sow in early spring or in the fall. It is a hardy plant that grows to zone 5, and in mild climates it is grown as a winter green. It is best if gathered before flowers appear.
Quantity: 2.43 lb
Botanical Name: Valerianella locusta
Crop Year: 2016
Germination Test Type: cut
Common Name: Lewiston Cornsalad, Common Cornsalad, Lamb's Lettuce, Corn Salad, Rapunzel, Field Salad
Most culinary and ornamental basils are cultivars of the species Ocimum basilicum , but other species are also grown and there are many hybrids between species. * Sweet basil has been used for thousands of years as a culinary and medicinal herb.
It sometimes forms tufts, and may or may not spread via stolons . * This is an annual grass growing up to about half a meter in maximum height. * Chloris virgata is a species of grass known by the common names feather fingergrass and feather windmillgrass...
* A good plant for bees, butterflies and moths. Kennedy, Jr. at his wedding in tribute to his father. * It was the favorite flower of John F. * A blue ink and a dye is obtained from the petals mixed with alum-water.
The seed can be ground into a meal and made into bread, biscuits, cakes etc, usually in a mix with cereal flours. It is still used in Mexico and Guatemala, with the seeds sometimes ground, while whole seed is used for nutritious drinks and as a food source.
Lacryma-jobi is not closely related to barley (Hordeum vulgare). It is native to Southeast Asia but elsewhere is cultivated in gardens as an annual. It has been naturalized in the southern United States and the New World tropics.
* Seed - if sown in situ during March or April, the plant will usually flower in the summer and complete its life cycle in one growing season. Originally a native of Southern Europe through to Asia, it is now found throughout the world.
* In their great first voyage to the New World, Christopher Columbus and his expedition were introduced to a plant whose smoke was called tobacco by the natives of Hispaniola. It is found only in cultivation, where it is the most commonly grown of all...
Quantity: 0.01 lb
Variety: Little Crittenden
Germination Test Type: estimate
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 559
Botanical Name: Nicotiana tabacum Little Crittenden
In a prehistoric cave in the Republic of Georgia dyed flax fibers have been found that date to 34,000 BC . * Linseed has a long history of medicinal use, its main effects being as a laxative and expectorant that soothes irritated tissues, controls coughing...
* This variety is over 100 years old. The fruit is antihaemorrhoidal and hypotensive. (meaning: fried aubergines) or without yogurt as in patl?can ?ak?uka. * The aubergine is used mainly as a food crop, but it does also have various medicinal uses that...