Roughly 85 days after germinating, acorn squash are ready to be harvested. * It is a winter squash with distinctive longitudinal ridges and sweet, yellow-orange flesh. Seeds directly sown are placed one inch deep, 5-6 to a hill; hills are 6 feet in all...
It is native to northern Mexico and the southwestern and central United States, where it grows in several types of habitat. Flowers violet blue or white. Annual with delicate but showy, aster-like flowers.
Collection Locale: ID
Common Name: Tahoka Daisy, Tanseyleaf Tansyaster, Tansey
The seed usually germinates within 1 - 2 weeks at 20°c. It is used as a bitter tonic for alleviating stomach troubles, kidney ailments, rheumatism, chills, fevers etc. * Prefers a sunny position in a well-drained rich soil with abundant moisture.
Common Name: Wild Cucumber, Prickly Cucumber, Balsam Apple
Flower color and size is quite variable. The hairy leaves, scalloped on the edges, are pea green, varying in size, all the way up to 3 in (7.6 cm) long and 2 in (5.1 cm) wide. The naturalized variety is typically tubular, bright red, about 1.25 in (3.2...
Perfect companion of spring flowering bulbs. They will burst in color early in the spring and keep color into early summer. The best plant to have in the landscape bed around the house in fall and during the winter months.
* Corn salad, also known as mache or lamb's lettuce, grows in a low rosette with spatulate leaves up to 15.2 cm long. It is best if gathered before flowers appear. * Corn Salad is a gourmet green that has been used in Europe for centuries.
Crop Year: 2016
Minimum Hardiness Zone: annual
Common Name: Lewiston Cornsalad, Common Cornsalad, Lamb's Lettuce, Corn Salad, Rapunzel, Field Salad
Autumn sown plants may require protection from frosts in cold winters. The seed usually germinates in 2 - 3 weeks. * Sow the seed in mid spring or late summer to early autumn in a sunny border outdoors and only just cover the seed.
* Its common names include China aster and annual aster. * It is native to China,and it is cultivated worldwide as an ornamental plant. * This is an annual or biennial herb with one erect, mostly unbranched stem growing 20 to 100 centimeters tall.
It is native to northern Africa. * Luffa aegyptiaca is a species of Luffa . They may also be grown as an ornamental plant . The fruit resembles a cucumber . Commonly known as Smooth Luffa and Egyptian Luffa , sometimes under the obsolete name Luffa cylindrica...
It has deep lobed green leaves that are very sweet and tender. It is slow to bolt as summer progresses so it can be grown later in the spring than many varieties. It is ready to harvest in about 60 days from sowing and does well in cool weather in the...
* It is currently still one of the most popular varieties in the world! * Produces 20-25 lb. Oval to round fruit with red sweet flesh and small seeds, maturing in 85 days. * It was an All American winner in 1964.
About 40 varieties are currently cultivated. It has a slightly sour and salty taste and is eaten throughout much of Europe, the middle east, Asia, and Mexico The species status in the New World is uncertain: it is generally considered an exotic weed;...
Worldwide, the figure is about 90% of all production for this species. * This is the most important cotton of commerce. It is widely grown in regions of the world where the growing season is long enough to allow the fruit to mature.
* This is an annual herb which grows erect to a maximum height near 100 centimeters. * It is planted in vineyards and alongside crop fields, where it is valued for its long, coiling inflorescences of nectar-rich flowers which open in sequence, giving...
* The flowers are often used in dried-flower arrangements because they retain their colour well. Extracts of the plant are added to hair shampoos and rinses. Does best in sun, requires light, well drained soil, tolerates poor soil.
The plant can reach 5-6' tall and has rough 4" long lance-shaped leaves. * Centaurea americana , commonly called American Starthistle or American Basketflower , is an annual native to the southern central United States and northeastern Mexico.
Crop Year: 2016
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 61
Height: 5-6 feet
Common Name: Basket-flower, American Star-thistle, Basket Flower, American Starthistle, American Basketflower, Sweet Sultan, Shaving Brush
Conyzoides can cause liver lesions and tumors. Conyzoides is prone to becoming a rampant environmental weed when grown outside of its natural range. The juice of the fresh plant is also useful in treating post-partum uterine haemorrhage.
It is common in Middle Eastern , European , and American cooking . It is also a good detoxifier, helping the body to get rid of toxins via the urine and therefore helping in the treatment of a wide range of diseases such as rheumatism.
And up to 300 lbs. Normally in the 20 to 50 pound size, but it is not uncommon to see pumpkins over 100 lbs. * Big Max is a large variety of squash that can exceed 100 pounds and 20 in (510 mm) in diameter under ideal growing conditions.
It sometimes forms tufts, and may or may not spread via stolons . * Chloris virgata is a species of grass known by the common names feather fingergrass and feather windmillgrass . * This is an annual grass growing up to about half a meter in maximum height.
It is native to the tropical Americas but it is widespread in warm areas of the world where it is an introduced species and often a noxious weed . * This is a fast-growing vining annual herb producing long, thin stems with ivylike petioled , heart-shaped...
It was cultivated by the Aztec in pre-Columbian times, and was so valued that it was given as an annual tribute by the people to the rulers. Chia fresca is a popular regional drink, and the Mexican state of Chiapas is named after the plant.