* The California poppy ( Eschscholzia californica ) is native to grassy and open areas from sea level to 2,000m (6,500 feet) altitude in the western United States throughout California , extending to Oregon , southern Washington , Nevada , Arizona , New...
The fruit resembles a cucumber . They may also be grown as an ornamental plant . * Luffa aegyptiaca is a species of Luffa . Commonly known as Smooth Luffa and Egyptian Luffa , sometimes under the obsolete name Luffa cylindrica and frequently misspelt...
* Covered in beautiful white flowers! * The Forking Larkspur ( Consolida regalis syn. * The roots grow into the soil up to a depth of 50 centimetres (20 in), so the plant can survive long periods of drought.
It is also an insecticide and nematicide. The juice of the fresh plant is also useful in treating post-partum uterine haemorrhage. Conyzoides is prone to becoming a rampant environmental weed when grown outside of its natural range.
A tangy, marjoram-like flavour. It is used more often than winter savory, as winter savory is thought to have a slightly more bitter flavor. * Summer savory ( Satureja hortensis ) is the better known of the Savory species.
* The roselle ( Hibiscus sabdariffa ) is a species of Hibiscus native to the Old World tropics, used for the production of bast fibre and as an infusion . The leaves are deeply three- to five-lobed, 8–15 cm (3–6 in) long, arranged alternately on the...
* A tea is made from the petals and flowers, that made from the petals is less bitter. It is also used as a hair rinse, adding golden tints to brown or auburn hair. An edible yellow dye is obtained from the petals.
* Chervil ( Anthriscus cerefolium ) is a delicate annual herb related to parsley . * It has a mild aromatic flavour that is suggestive of aniseed. * The leaves are ready for harvesting in about 8 weeks from sowing, the plant responds well to cut and come...
Collection Locale: Oregon
Quantity: 2.3 lb
Height: 12-24 inches
Germination Test Type: estimate
Common Name: Garden Chervil, Chervil, Gourmet's Parsley
It should be used with extreme caution and only under the supervision of a qualified practitioner since all parts of the plant are very poisonous and the difference between a medicinal dose and a toxic dose is very small.
* The fruits are beautiful hanging on the vines so it is recommended to grow on a trellis if possible. * It is a sprawling vine 8-10 feet long. * This wild cucumber has edible fruit which are very tasty when green and extremely bitter when yellow and...
This a a great variety of oak leaf lettuce. It has deep lobed green leaves that are very sweet and tender. It is slow to bolt as summer progresses so it can be grown later in the spring than many varieties.
A few drops of oil in the bath or ointment is good for wounds or to sooth the skin. Synonyms are: Chamomilla chamomilla , Chamomilla recutita (correct name according to the Flora Europaea ), Matricaria chamomilla , and Matricaria suaveolens .
Crop Year: 2014
Seeds Per Pound: 6,492,200
Botanical Name: Matricaria recutita
Common Name: German Chamomile, Mayweed, Scented Mayweed, German Camomile
Plants will generally selfsow and come back from year to year. Does best in sun, requires light, well drained soil, tolerates poor soil. * Cornflowers were also used in the funeral wreath made for Pharaoh Tutankhamun.
* The poisonous alkaloid 'colchicine' is extracted from this plant and used to alter the genetic make-up of plants in an attempt to find new, improved varieties. It works by doubling the chromosome number.
Common Name: Meadow Saffron, Common Autumn Crocus, Naked Lady
* As an ornamental plant, it is appreciated for its hardiness in dry and nutritionally deficient conditions, popular in subtropical gardens where temperatures never fall below 5 °C to 7 °C, and as a warm-season bedding plant in temperate gardens.
Quantity: 2.32 lb
Germination Test Type: cut
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Madagascar Periwinkle, Rose Periwinkle, Rosy Periwinkle
The scientific name, Leontopodium , means " lion's paw" and is derived from the Greek words leon (lion) and podion (diminutive of pous , foot). The name comes from German edel (meaning noble ) and weiss (meaning white ).
* The dried leaves can be ground and used as a sweetener or soaked in water and the liquid used in making preserves. * Stevia has become very popular as a natural sugar substitute with almost zero calories! * Because stevia has a negligible effect on...
(Taxus celebica), a large, ornamental evergreen shrub or tree of the yew family (Taxaceae), widespread in China at elevations up to 900 meters (3,000 feet). The leaves are up to 4 centimeters (11?2 inches) long—broader than those of most other yews—and...
Spinach may survive over winter in temperate regions. The leaves are alternate, simple, ovate to triangular-based, very variable in size from about 2-30 cm long and 1-15 cm broad, with larger leaves at the base of the plant and small leaves higher on...
It is a biennial plant usually grown as an annual. In its first growing season, the plant has a rosette of pinnate, mid-green leaves. In Europe, various subspecies have been named based on characteristics such as the hairiness of the leaves, the extent...
* Although purslane is considered a weed in the United States, it may be eaten as a leaf vegetable. * It has an extensive old-world distribution extending from North Africa through the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent to Malesia and Australasia...