* This is a timeless classic. * They are like the peppers that you buy in the store. * California Wonder peppers are an open pollinated heirloom variety of sweet bell pepper. * Blocky shape, excellent for stuffing with a sweet mild flavor.
* Anise plants grow best in light, fertile, well drained soil. Because the plants have a taproot, they do not transplant well after being established, so they should be started either in their final location or transplanted while the seedlings are still...
* The legume is a used as a vegetable in interiors of central and south central India, though not commercially farmed. * Canavalia gladiata, usually called Sword Bean, is a domesticated plant species in the legume (Fabaceae) family.
* The mild-flavoured leaves (cooked as a spinach) are rich in vitamins and minerals. They are eaten cooked or ground into a powder and used for making cakes etc. * The seeds are very small but easy to harvest and very nutritious.
* The plant is high in certain antioxidants. * Used as understock for hybrid tea roses. The syrup is used as a nutritional supplement, especially for babies. * The dog rose was the stylized rose of medieval European heraldry, and is still used today.
* In tropical and subtropical climates, eggplant can be sown directly into the garden. Eggplant grown in temperate climates fares better when transplanted into the garden after all danger of frost is passed.
Quantity: 2.71 lb
Common Name: Black Beauty Eggplant, Black Beauty Aubergine, Black Beauty Melongene
* It can be grown indoors in the winter. It is never pithy and stays crunchy in the refrigerator. They are grown and consumed throughout the world. It's flavor is mild and is great fresh, in salads or sandwiches.
* Black raspberries are high in anthocyanins. * Easily grown in a good well-drained loamy soil in sun or semi-shade[ This has led to their being very useful as natural dyes. Anthocyanins are also antioxidants, so there is interest in black raspberries...
* The fruit contains about 4.9% sugars, 3.2% protein, 0.9% pectin. * The fruit tends to be quite large and fragrant, and when carefully wrapped (it has a tendency to bruise because of its juiciness), it can last for several weeks or more in a cold, dry...
Quantity: 1.8 lb
Collection Locale: Massachusetts
Common Name: Chinese Sand Pear, Sand Pear, Japanese Pear, Asian Pear, Oriental Pear, Chinese Pear
Arabica contains less caffeine than any other commercially cultivated species of coffee. * It is considered to produce better coffee than the other major commercially grown coffee species, Coffea canephora (robusta) .
A pleasant mild flavour, with a similar texture to the leaves, they make a pleasant and pretty addition to the salad bowl. * 2 1/2" deep purple flowers on a plant that resembles a small hollyhock; likes full sun; biennial or perennial; native to Europe,...
Isolated groves are found as far north as the San Francisco Bay Area in Mt. Diablo State Park and Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve. * The Coulter pine or big-cone pine, Pinus coulteri, is a native of the coastal mountains of Southern California and...
The name derives from the Latin for turnip , r?pum or r?pa , and is first recorded in English at the end of the 14th century. * Rapeseed ( Brassica napus ), also known as rape , oilseed rape , rapa , rappi , rapaseed and (in the case of one particular...
* However, the wild thimbleberries can be eaten raw or dried and can be made into a jam which is sold as a local delicacy in some parts of their range, notably in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Upper Michigan.
* The fruit is usually bletted if it is going to be eaten raw. At this stage the fruit has a delicious taste, somewhat like a luscious tropical fruit. This involves storing the fruit in a cool dry place until it is almost but not quite going rotten.
It usually grows to only 3-5' tall and features 5-petaled, showy, white flowers in drooping clusters which appear before the leaves emerge in early spring. * Running serviceberry is a deciduous, early-flowering, stoloniferous shrub which typically suckers...
* The Sugar Pine ( Pinus lambertiana ; family Pinaceae ) is a species of pine that occurs in the mountains of Oregon and California in the western United States , and Baja California in northwestern Mexico ; specifically the Sierra Nevada , the Cascade...
* This wild cucumber has edible fruit which are very tasty when green and extremely bitter when yellow and fully ripe. * It is a sprawling vine 8-10 feet long. * It is loaded with nutrients and antioxidants so is often recommended as a nutraceutical supplement.
Germination Test Type: cut
Collection Locale: Hawaii
Common Name: Hedgehog Gourd, Wild Cucumber, Teasel Gourd