* California Wonder peppers are an open pollinated heirloom variety of sweet bell pepper. * They are like the peppers that you buy in the store. * This is a timeless classic. * Blocky shape, excellent for stuffing with a sweet mild flavor.
* It is used in both fresh and dried forms, to not only "heat up" curries, pickles and chutneys, but also to impart two distinct flavours to them. * In 2007, Guinness World Records certified that the Ghost Pepper (Bhut Jolokia) was the world's hottest...
* The fruit can be eaten raw, cooked or dried for later use. * The fruit contains up to 5 times the vitamin C content of blackcurrants. * A very hardy plant, tolerating temperatures down to -30°c or more, but the young spring growth is susceptible to...
Common Name: Hardy Kiwi, Bower Actinidia, Tara Vine, Kiwi Berry
* Canavalia gladiata, usually called Sword Bean, is a domesticated plant species in the legume (Fabaceae) family. In Telugu it is called 'chamma kaya' also called 'Tammi kaya' * The fruits are eaten as a vegetable in Africa and Asia.
* Wichita Canola Rape was developed by the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station 1n 1999. Immature flowering stems - cooked in much the same way as broccoli. * Rapeseed ( Brassica napus ), also known as rape , oilseed rape , rapa , rappi , rapaseed and...
Minimum Hardiness Zone: annual
Collection Locale: Pennsylvania
Common Name: Rape, Wichita Rape, Wichita Canola Rape
Good for any climate. Pods are stringless, straight, and posses a rich buttery flavor. * Golden Wax bean produces excellent yields of golden yellow wax beans. Perfect for eating fresh, freezing and canning.
Germination should take place within 2 weeks. Peanut milk is promoted in Africa as a way to reduce malnutrition among children. Paint, varnish, lubricating oil, leather dressings, furniture polish, insecticides, and nitroglycerin are made from peanut...
* The fruit is usually bletted if it is going to be eaten raw. The fruit will often begin its bletting process whilst still on the tree and we have eaten delicious fruits straight from the tree in mid-September.
* The variety Brilliantissima tends to be more compact than the species. It also has more intense fall color, glossier leaves and more abundant fruit production. * This red chokeberry cultivar is a deciduous shrub which typically grows slowly to 6-8'...
* A decidious Shrub growing to 3 m (9ft) by 5 m (16ft). * A constituent of its extract has been found to be an effective and selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor. It is in flower from Feb to June, and the seeds ripen in October.
* Seed - if sown in situ during March or April, the plant will usually flower in the summer and complete its life cycle in one growing season. The best edible roots should be produced from a May/June sowing, whilst sowing the seed in the spring as well...
* In the Canary Islands, the sap of this date palm is used to make palm syrup. * The California Invasive Plant Council (Cal-IPC) classifies the potential impact of Phoenix canariensis on native ecosystems as limited.
Crop Year: 2016
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 13
Common Name: Canary Island Date, Canary Date Palm, Canary Island Date Palm, Pineapple Palm
* Rosa rubiginosa ( Sweet briar or Eglantine Rose ; syn. * 1" fragrant single pink roses in small clusters; 1/2" orange to scarlet hips lasting well into winter; often grows on lime; with erect, arching branches; native to Europe and western Asia, where...
The fruits ( hips ) of Nootka rose are somewhat bitter but edible. * Rosa nutkana ( Nootka Rose , Bristly rose , Wild rose ) is a 2-10 foot (60cm-3m) tall perennial shrub in the Rose family ( Rosaceae ).
* In 2007, Governor John Hoeven signed a bill naming the chokecherry the official fruit of the state of North Dakota. * Chokecherry is also used to craft wine in the western United States mainly in the Dakotas and Utah as well as in Manitoba, Canada.
* Lagenaria Siceraria is a ANNUAL CLIMBER growing to 9 m (29ft 6in) at a fast rate. Taken with Achyranthes spp the seed is used to treat aching teeth and gums, boils etc. The fresh fruit has a light green smooth skin and a white flesh.
The syrup is used as a nutritional supplement, especially for babies. * It can be used in making delicious jams, syrups etc. * In Bulgaria, where it grows in abundance, the hips are used to make a sweet wine.
* The ancestral species of the genus Cucurbita were present in the Americas before the arrival of humans. Evolutionarily speaking the genus is relatively recent in origin as no species within the genus is genetically isolated from all the other species.
Plant forms a trunk when grown in standing water. Tall, occasionally reaching tree size in Texas. It is native to the southeastern United States , ranging from Florida north to eastern North Carolina , and west to eastern Oklahoma and eastern Texas .
* Indigenous peoples of North America found the plant and its fruit very useful. * The bark or leaves of the plant were brewed for a bitter cold remedy, made as tea or smoked. * The fruit is an edible red to orange berry 6-millimetre (0.24 in) to 10-millimetre...