* It is native to tropical Africa and southern India. It can also be found growing abundantly in much of Latin America and the West Indies. * Leonotis nepetifolia is known in Trinidad as shandilay and the leaves are brewed as a tea for fever, coughs,...
* Hippocrepis emerus reaches on average 50–150 centimetres (20–59 in) of height, with a maximum of 200 centimetres (79 in). The plant has a lignified stem with green branches bearing five to nine leaflets.
* The plant can tolerate maritime exposure. * The Bishop Pine ( Pinus muricata ) is a pine with a very restricted range: mostly California , USA , including some offshore islands, and a few locations in Baja California , Mexico , and always on or near...
Mexicana seed oil using crystalline manganese carbonate has been demonstrated. Use in Hispanic cultures includes as a sedative and analgesic tea, including for use to help alleviate migraine headaches.
* As an ornamental plant, it is appreciated for its hardiness in dry and nutritionally deficient conditions, popular in subtropical gardens where temperatures never fall below 5 °C to 7 °C, and as a warm-season bedding plant in temperate gardens.
Common Name: Madagascar Periwinkle, Rose Periwinkle, Rosy Periwinkle
The best edible roots should be produced from a May/June sowing, whilst sowing the seed in the spring as well as the summer should ensure a supply of edible leaves all year round. * Milk thistle has also been known to be used as food.
Quantity: 5.02 lb
Collection Locale: Oregon
Crop Year: 2017
Common Name: Blessed Milkthistle, Milk Thistle, Mary Thistle, Holy Thistle
* Fraxinus quadrangulata ( Blue Ash ) is a species of Fraxinus native primarily to the Midwestern United States , as well as the Bluegrass region of Kentucky and the Nashville Basin region of Tennessee.
* Often has drooping branchlets; foliage green; half-inch cones; native to Mexico and Central America. * Cupressus lusitanica , ( Cedro Blanco ; Teotlate , distinctive names used in Mexico); Cedro Blanco means White Cedar and is also known as Mexican...
The fruit is an acorn-shaped ovoid, three-angled capsule 1–2 centimetres (0.39–0.79 in) long, partly enclosed at the base by the sepals. The flowers are small, greenish-yellow, with 5–6 sepals and no petals.
Collection Locale: Arizonia
Common Name: Jojoba, Pignut, Goat Nut, Deer Nut, Wild Hazel, Quinine Nut, Coffeeberry, Grey Box Bush
* As a result of long exploitation, few old trees remain in Lebanon, but there is now an active program to conserve and regenerate the forests. * The leaves and the wood are antiseptic and expectorant.
* An attractive, variable plant, often with a vertical central leader, horizontal side branches, and drooping branchlets; a loose, open habit; sharp, needlelike bright green foliage; native to Japan, Korea, North China * Succeeds in most soils if they...
Common Name: Needle Juniper, Temple Juniper, Temple Juniper
* Annual or biennial; parent is dwarfish, dark blue flowers throughout summer; does well in hot, dry sun. * Cynoglossum amabile is a flowering plant native to Asia , which is also called Chinese hound's tongue , or Chinese forget-me-not .
Average Viable Seeds/Packet: 213
Botanical Name: Cynoglossum amabile Firmament
Germination Test Type: cut
Height: 12 inches
Common Name: Forget-Me-not, Chinese Hound's Tongue
Livestock seldom browse the toxic foliage, but bees produce fragrant honey from the flowers. Fruit distinctive, a light reddish brown when ripe, 3 lobed capsule containing 1 to 3 dark brown to black, shiny seeds 1/2 inch in diameter, the walls of the...
It also seeds prolifically, with each plant able to produce over one million seeds during its lifetime. * A perennial, often grows into an impressive clump with beautiful silvery plumes, especially with female plants; native to southern South America.
* This tree is remarkable for the number and length of the spines growing on its trunk, which makes it the most formidably armed of temperate trees. * Gleditsia caspica ( Caspian Locust or Persian Honeylocust ) is a species of Gleditsia native to western...
* It is also an ornamental plant in gardens, with numerous cultivars selected for different flower colors. * Aquilegia caerulea is a species of Aquilegia flower native to the Rocky Mountains from Montana south to New Mexico and west to Idaho and Arizona...
Germination Test Type: Actual
Crop Year: 2009
Common Name: Colorado Columbine, Colorado Blue Columbine, Rocky Mountain Columbine
However, its cones are fairly distinctive and I am not fully persuaded that the described P. * Many botanists believe that this is merely a southern outlier of the typical North Plateau race of ponderosa pine.
It is threatened by habitat destruction, mainly due to introduced grazing mammals. * Canavalia pubescens, commonly known as ʻawikiwiki or Lavafield Jack-bean, is a species of flowering plant in the legume family, Fabaceae, that is endemic to Hawaii.
They burn well and have been gathered and placed at the ends of sticks to make torches. * The resins are obtained by tapping the trunk, or by destructive distillation of the wood. This species occasionally hybridizes with other pine species such as Loblolly...
The roundleaf dogwood is also a temperate, northeastern North American species that occurs throughout southern and eastern Ontario; in northern Ontario it occurs farther north than the alternateleaf dogwood, but does not extend past 50°N (Soper and Heimburger...
Height: 6-10 feet
Common Name: Roundleaved Dogwood, Roundleaf Dogwood
Its native from southeastern Canada and northeastern United States . * Plants can produce many stems and suckers, with older stems, which can reach 5 metres (16 ft) in height, having distinctive gray bark.
Hicoria floridana) the scrub hickory, is a tree native to the southeastern United States, where it is endemic in central Florida. * Although it can grow to the height of 25 meters, many specimens are seen as shrubs 3–5 m tall with many small trunks.